Android versions released! Here's how to install it.
Hello everyone! I'm happy to announce that the Android version of the game is finally available to download through Itch.io!
I decided to release it this way first in order to get feedback from you guys and make sure the game runs well and has no major issues before going ahead and releasing it on Google Play and iOS. If all goes well, that won't be too far in the future, but in the meantime you guys can enjoy the game and help me out in the process. If you find a bug or some other problem with the game, please let me know in this page's comment section what the issue is, what device you're using, and which version of Android you're running so I can try and diagnose the problem. With that said, I can't guarantee I'll be able to get the game running on all devices, particularly older devices (Keep in mind, despite the game's simplistic graphics, Unity still requires a significant amount of resources to run well). With that said, thank you all for your patience and for any feedback you guys have!
How to install
Installing the game through your Android device browser is a significantly more complex process than installing it through Google Play, so I figured I'd write this quick guide on how to do it.
- Click the download button next to the file "BALDI_1.4.1d_Android.apk" on the game's main page.
- When you click the download button, you will likely see a warning telling you that this kind of file can harm your device, and if you still want to keep it. Tap OK/Yes (Whatever your device says) in order to continue.
- The file will begin downloading. Once it's finished, one of two things could happen.
- You will see the file name pop-up on the bottom of your browser's screen, with an option to open it. Tap open to continue.
- You will not be prompted with an option to open. If this happens, go to your device's Files app (May also be called Downloads, or something similar), and navigate to the downloads folder. Find the Baldi's Basics file (Again, it should be called "BALDI_1.4.1d_Android.apk") and tap it.
- If a warning telling you your phone is not allowed to install unknown apps through your browser pops up, tap settings to go straight to the settings menu where you can change this option. Turn on the "Allow from this source" switch for your browser. Then go back to the screen you were on before. Make sure that you turn this option back off once you are finished installing the game to ensure your device is secure.
- Now you should be on a screen prompting you to install Baldi's Basics Classic. Tap install to start the process.
- Once the app is finished installing, you should be able to tap "Done" to leave the screen, or "Open" to go straight into the game! Enjoy!
- Again, if you enabled the ability for your browser to install unknown apps during this process, it is highly recommended you go back into settings and disable this option again for your device's security, unless you regularly install apps through your browser.
Hopefully this covers most cases. This process could vary a bit from device-to-device, so it may not match up perfectly with what you're seeing, but hopefully it's close enough to where you can fill in the gaps.
I think that's really all there is to say, so I hope you all enjoy playing the game on your phones!
Get Baldi's Basics in Education and Learning
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Hello everyone! I'm the Baldi Unit of the past and I'm here to show you something I did a long time ago after the release of the Android version, and I wanted to share with you
And for those who did not realize I used a pretty cool bug that makes the screen as in the PC version only if you tap the back key of your phone
A good picture, right?
"I think it's cool that you use this photo, but I saw some people using it as their property, so if you are going to use this photo for something bigger in the future, don't forget that this image is originally mine..."
Is this really what you did before Android version released? just looked at 1st Prize in the dark corridor through the window while the school was red? Also, pardon me, but I don't understand what you mean about that bug you're talking about.
Well, basically at the launch after a few matches I did this, because I was wanting to test new things, I'm sorry
... And about the bug, it exists until the latest version, just tap the back button that the buttons and the joystick will disappear, (great for screenshots) it is canceled automatically when making any movement on the screen
Why does it keep saying app not installed?
How many games have you got?
Did you enable the feature to allow installation of "unknown sources"?
Maybe you need to delete one of your other games.
Get up date baldi's basics 1.5 New ítems in birthday bash and mix camping and birthday bash coming sep/3/19
When is Birthday Bash coming out for mobile?
Hi, I have a Huawei P9 Lite 2017 Android 8.0.0 3 GB ram. When I try 2 install Baldi Basic IT says "App not installed"
Can anyone help me???
Hi. I have a Samsung J3 V and I can't install the new android edition, although my phone is running on a android. When I click install in the file, all it says is "App not installed", so I could use some help.
You could try using the "fake" mobile version. There's a lot of fakes out there, and some are viruses (the ones telling you to download extra game data, specifically), and I suppose there's a risk with any of these so be careful. But the one you find on the apkpure website, called "Baldi's Basics In Education", with the icon appearing like a painted version of the real thing, actually works on mobile. It's not some crazy knockoff with zero functionality or a different game in disguise, it's actually the real Baldi's Basics ported to Android from PC (it still thinks it's PC, just listen to how Baldi talks). It has a few minor glitches and basically behaves like a "pre-release" or beta mobile version, but it's mostly functional (although Endless mode doesn't work on it, and you can't use bluetooth controllers to play), only the onscreen controls.
There's an occasional ad while playing, and remember that there's a risk of viruses from any fake game, though I've been fine so far. Plus, I don't think someone who went to all the trouble to port the PC version to mobile and do such a good job would have had malicious intent. Just my opinion.
Try at own risk!
please change the age of baldi of and there is a bbin(baldis basics in nigtmare).
Any Time you put the code to go to the test room you cant do nothing except turn round and round
The next update should have a custom school mode and a new character.
when will you release the game on iOS?
There is a small glitch that I found... Whenever you put in "31718" for the 3rd question and get teleported to the place face room, you can't move around because there is no controls. Other than that, everything works perfectly.
That seems to have been fixed now...unless maybe I'm just able to do it becaase I play the game with a bluetooth controller?
when i play on my phone i see non of the ground and walls and ceiling
Maybe you have an outdated phone. If you try the fake mobile version from apkpure, you might have better luck. I've been recommending it to the people here who can't play the real mobile version for some reason.
Remember there are virus versions of this game, which ask you to download extra data after you open the app, so avoid them! And I suppose there's even risks with this fake one I'm recommending too, so it's your own risk, but I've been fine with it so far. It only shows an occasional ad, but otherwise behaves like the correct game. Heck, even the black void ceiling in the cafeteria is a real ceiling now XD
Disadvantages: ads, of course, but not very often. You can't play with bluetooth controllers, they don't work very well. Also, Endless mode doesn't exist in this fake port. There's also some minor glitching in the game, but nothing game breaking or preventing your progress.
it controls well but I wish there was a why to turn the sound down a bit
i cant find out how i play this game!!!!!!!!!!!!!